Kostanjevica na Krki
The family of Franc and Frančiška Maister most likely moved from Trebnje to Kostanjevica na Krki in the second half of 1869, as the Trebnje department of the Financial Guard closed on 1 July. They lived at Dobe no. 1, in the former Cistercian monastery, which today falls under the town of Kostanjevica na Krki. Emperor Joseph II dissolved the monastery in 1786. The building became the seat of various government offices, probably also the financial guard, which had been operating in Kostanjevica na Krki since 1866. Some parts of the building complex, especially in the western and partly in the southern wing, were intended for housing, where, among others, the families of officials certainly lived.
Thus, on 30 December 1870 at Dobe no. 1, Rudolf’s older brother Ernest was born. He was baptised on 3 January 1871. We do not yet know when the family left Kostanjevica na Krki and settled in Kamnik, but it was certainly before March 1874.
The locals also call the building of the former monastery Kostanjevica Castle. Today its address is Grajska cesta 45, and it houses the Božidar Jakac Art Museum.